Tuesday 22 July 2008

Ventnor Farm

Today I've been to Ventnor Farm Marina, on the Grand Union near Napton Junction. I've been past many times by boat, but never arrived by road before. It's a remote spot, on a single-track dead-end road. If fact, when I put the post code into the AA website it said the location wasn't accessible by vehicle; the sat nav took me close, but didn't know the final stretch. The marina itself is very quite, and beautifully landscaped. It has reedy margins and good quality pontoons. There's plenty of space for manoeuvering, too.

I arrived early, so took the opportunity to drive through Napton, which I've only ever seen up on the hill from the canal. It's a pretty village with a useful looking shop. I couldn't resist the opportunity to go to the locks, which were fairly busy with boats in both directions.

No comments: