Sunday 17 April 2011

End of an era

After four very enjoyable years with Debdale, we've taken the plunge and are buying our own boat.

It's all happened remarkably quickly.  We saw it online last Saturday, viewed on Sunday, had an offer accepted on Monday, and a survey on Thursday.  The purchase is due to complete after Easter, and Adrian will go and pick up the keys on the day of the Royal wedding.

I've started a new blog for the new boat here.

Once the other owners of Debdale have had first refusal on our shares, they'll be up for sale.  So if you want to own a share of this fantastic boat with friendly owners and an efficient private synicate, please let us know.

11 comments:

Simon said...

wow - congratulations! That's great.

I guess you won't be at Little Venice, then? Come & say hello if you do pass through...

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! Well done

Richard
indigodream
PS Can't get comments to work on the new blog using a wordpress openid

Adam said...

Thanks Richard. I've changed the settings on the other blog, so you should be able to comment now.

Sarah said...

Oh well done Adam! I shall follow the new blog with great interest. Where will you be keeping Briar Rose?

Adam said...

Sarah, Briar Rose is currently at Brinklow, so we'll keep her there for at least six months, while we decide whether we want to stay there longer term.

Simon, don't think I'll make it to Little Venice this year. I'm on nights, then going up to Brinklow straight after the end of my shifts. Must meet for lunch soon though.

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant news - I always thought you needed more than share in a boat - I'll only be sad to lose you as occasional crew - you'll be far too busy on your own boat now!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Anonymous said...

I thought that Briar Rose looked familiar - we met her on the Coventry Canal in 2009 - as I recall the owner (John) was very happy with her. Sadly I didn't take a photo but I remember that she did look immaculate.

Her ex-owner used to have a spanish greyhound so it must be allright!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

aticatac said...

This is terrible news, I use debdale as a bookmark to all the narrowboat blogs :)

Halfie said...

Well done, Adam. Does this mean I'm now the only shared ownership blogger?

Adam said...

Aticatac: The Briar Rose blog has a comprehensive (if a little thinned out) blog roll.

Halfie: You're not alone -- Tranquility is a shared boat blog.

Steve Heaven said...

Well done, we had six very enjoyable years with Symphony, but knew it was time to buy our own boat when we didnt want to give her back at the end of our weeks !

Steve