Saturday 2 May 2009

Canalway Cavalcade

I managed to get away from work a bit early this afternoon, so was able to spend a very enjoyable couple of hours at Little Venice, where the Canalway Cavalcade was taking place. The place was swarming with people, making the walk from Paddington tube station round to the far side of the pool a very slow journey. First stop was to meet up with Simon from Tortoise.

I had a look round the boat (at 30ft, it didn't take long!) then we sat on the front deck in the sunshine, with a great view of the comings and goings, which included a wedding reception on one of the widebeam restaurant boats.

We then took a slow walk back round the pool, hoping to spot few people. I spotted Steve Hayward's boat, Justice, but he didn't seem to be around. But Jo and Keith were on board Hadar, and it was good to catch up with them. I saw them last during our Debdale cruise at Christmas, when we came up the Hillmorton Locks side by side. A little bit further down was Sonflower, complete with its very reflective new paintwork, so I went and introduced myself to Peter.

All in all, a very enjoyable afternoon, but I'm now feeling a bit sunburned. I really should have taken my new Tilley hat with me, rather than leaving it in the car at work!

1 comment:

Keith Lodge said...

Hi Adam. It was lovely to see you at the Cavalcade. I adore the photo of the bows in your photographs on the blog. Happy Cruising, when you get out on the boat. Jo x