Sunday 20 April 2008

Finally ...

I've been commuting to London from the south coast for more than seven years by a variety of routes. A couple of them (train to Victoria and car direct to work) take me over the Thames, and each time I look to see whether any narrowboats are tackling the tidal section.

Of course the chances of me going over the bridge coinciding with a narrowboat going underneath are minimal. Which explains why it has taken more than seven years to happen.

But today, as I drove over Hammersmith Bridge at 1.30pm, a green and yellow narrowboat called May was approaching, heading upstream. There were a couple of people on the back deck, and another couple at the bow.

Of course I didn't have my camera with me, and I couldn't really have taken a picture while driving anyway. Now I'm wondering if it will take another seven years before such a coincidence happens again.

No comments: