Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Change of plan

Adrian and his mum should have been on the boat by now, and I should have been driving up tomorrow morning, after tonight's shift. But there's been a change of plan.

This morning, Adrian's mum couldn't get to us because there were no trains, and Adrian couldn't get to her because the M27 was closed. He finally got there this afternoon.

And Norbury Junction is frozen solid, with the ice at least two inches thick and no prospect of moving for about three days.

So we've reluctantly decided to stay at home; Adrian will bring his mum here tomorrow. If it warms up a bit as the forecast suggests, we might get a few days on board ove New Year.

Now, I wonder if anywhere has any Christmas trees left...

1 comment:

Captain Ahab said...

The best laid plans and all that!